Monday, October 13, 2008

it's the great pumpkin, charlie brown.

i love thanksgiving. i didn't feel like i had alot to be thankful for this weekend, but i suppose i do. my place. school. my family. my food, though usually it feels like lack thereof. my friends. the usual we take for granted.
sitting here now watching M*A*S*H and hearing how hilarious jenna's family thanksgiving was. somehow her family is always so hilarious, every get together is a riot, nothing ever goes wrong. that was bitchy of me. but some people and their perfect lives get under my skin. i don't think they've ever had something not to be thankful for.
watching coronation street now. it's the british blood in me. thanksgiving was good, i wasn't to crazy about it at first. good to see my uncle and aunt. tom & terry & tieghan were there, who i haven't seen in many years. tom has a voice exactly like troy mcclure from the simpsons. terry is one of those funky hip women, no matter what age they are. tieghan is sixteen... and everyone is talented and musical and smart and perfect. are we sensing a theme here? anyway, i may be spending christmas at their house. i missed my family in calgary.
and i ate so much i couldn't move. literally. this random dude from california told me he had "never seen a chick eat so much". i wasn't sure if this was cause the girls don't eat in california or because i had actually just eaten my weight in turkey alone. not to mention the pie i finished off.
now i'm home in my newly cleaned apartment. it's a bit lonely. doesn't mean i'm not thankful for it...i love this place. i love living on my own. i love pumpkin pie.

No comments: